Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hoping to help

I feel the need to write this blog...not only to vent but also because I want people to understand why and possibly help someone who is also in the same boat as me. I often wonder...why...when and how?   

I suffer from IBS/IBD symptoms or as my GI doctor has said...early signs of Crohn's. It is not a walk in the park. My first memory of having tummy trouble took me back to 8th grade.. It has changed my everyday life. I have suffered from IBS for several years now..ignoring my symptoms..which leads to current day. My symptoms have only continued to get worse as time goes on. I have had numerous tests and scans which lead back to the same places. There are days I wake up and say to myself that it's a new day and things will be okay. Some days are...most days are not. I feel like I'm missing out on my kids growing up being in this condition constantly. This past week alone I've lost 6 pounds...afraid to even eat sometimes. I have slowly hid my symptoms and sometimes feel like a prisoner in my own home.  Last week I started a new 'clean' eating diet and added in some fish oil and Kefir. Today was a bad day..the bleeding and bathroom trips continued ....I made it through half of the day without any problems until I ate chicken for lunch..plain ol chicken..one day I will be able to help this ...until then...

I will eventually update this blog as I work with my GI doctor next month on a plan to help me with this. I don't really even know what to call what I have going on right now any certain condition but I want the normal days back...I want my family, friends and clients to understand....it's hard...my symptoms are out of my control right now. Unknowing people say...slacker...2 hour lunches (I do this so I know how my food will digest)...why are you sick all the time, you look fine...on the outside I am...on the inside..I am not ..:(  I'm using this blog to navigate me and help me keep track of where I've been and where I'm going. Feel free to follow...I promise the rest won't be so bad :D

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this, Michelle. I know several people that are suffering with you, and I just can't imagine the day to day grind you go through. I really hope you find answers and find a way to manage and get back to enjoying life without the constant worry of uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete